redhat and speakup

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Fri Apr 28 17:00:31 EDT 2000

Hi, Rick,
     Can you tell me a little more about your installation and version of
RedHat?  I run redhat-6.2 (Zoot).  There are installation images for rh6.1
and rh6.2 on the speakup ftp site.  They can be found at
ftp://ftp.braille.uwo.ca/pub/speakup/disks/redhat.  The 6.1 images are
broken.  They won't load any modules which is OK for some installations,
but not for others.  6.2 is better.  There seems to be some trouble with
network installations using a PCMCIA network card.

     I can also compile a custom kernel for your currently installed
system.  Call me at the number at the top of this message, or just reply
this message.  Calling on the phone will probably get a faster response.

          Hope this helps.
          Bill in Denver