cron question

Scott Howell n3byy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 07:34:51 EDT 2000

Just a quick question. I noticed that my Linux box used to run a cron job
about 4:30 in the morning to flush the file system. I can't say what, why,
or when the line containing that info got deleted or even if it did. Why I
don't know is because it hasnt' run,b ut then I dont' know the line either
so assume this is the problem.
I am running Slackware 7. Does anyone know this line that I am refering too?
If so, could you please send it to me? I see the line that flushes pop mail
every 15 mins, but well in any case I can't find this other line.
I did make a backup of the root cron file, but apparently cron makes a back
as well cause the root.bak file I had made looked exactly like the current
root file which leads me to believe cron had the same file name in mind as I
did.<G>

Oh, one other question.
I can't get my floppy to mount, but it had worked in the past. I havent'
changed anything lately and this is really frustrating me to no end.

I am mounting /dev/fd0 in the following way. Also note the floppy is good
cause I tested it on a windows box to be sure.

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt

now I get the famous error msg of

/dev/fd0 is not a valid block device

Of course this seems to be the favored error msg on my Linux box here of
late.

tnx

Scott