More Debian fun

Gene Collins collins at gene3.cc.iastate.edu
Wed Apr 12 16:40:16 EDT 2000

Hi Buddy.  dmesg is the command you use to repeat your boot up messages.
 You can redirect the output to a file with the > symbol.  You can also
pipe it through more as in demsg | more.

The file you wanted after the make bzImage command is
/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage.  Just copy the file to the linux
file name on your rescue floppy.  Then cd to the floppy directory and
rdev linux /dev/fd0.  Try customizing the kernel again, and see if you
don't have better luck.

Gene