Help with sf behind firewall.

cpt.kirk at 1tree.net cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Mon Apr 10 11:12:12 EDT 2000

The first thing I notice is that you are using out of date firewall
software. If you are using a recent kernel, then you should start using
ipchains. There is actually some good information on ipchains in the
manual, and the doc folder.

Now, I may be wrong on this subject, but I believe if you are attempting
to have all packets forwarded to another machine all of the time you need
to get a port forwarding program. I can't say that I am familiar with the
speak freely program. If it establisheds the open port, then you shouldn't
need aditional rules for your firwall.

Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net