creating distribution installation disks with speakup in the kernel

Chris Nestrud cnestru at comp.uark.edu
Sun Apr 9 00:26:13 EDT 2000

Hello all..

I've compiled a kernel which I'm using with slackware, but I'm considering
trying out redhat to see which I like better. I've noticed several
boot/install disks for several distributions, and am wondering how they
were made. I've looked at the redhat installation disk, and can't find much
more than the kernel, leading me to believe that some of the installation
is done by ther kernel itself? That doesn't make sense, as the kernel
should just act as a kernel, but that's all that I can think of.

Any suggestions on creating the disks?

Thanks,
Chris