invalid block device

cpt.kirk at 1tree.net cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Thu Apr 6 08:23:48 EDT 2000

For the problem mounting I would try some other troubleshooting to see if
you can read the device. For instance (assuming you have the hard drive
space) you might try the following line:
dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/tmp/floppy

The command doesn't require you to mount the drive and should work if the
drive is functioning. But if this just started and the memory thing just
started I would have to think you have a bios configuration problem. Often
times it will work fine if you choose to have the bios reset to factory
defaults.

Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net