invalid block device

scott howell n3byy at speakeasy.org
Thu Apr 6 08:07:58 EDT 2000

ok, Kirk, I'll double check what you got here aginst what I was typing. I
think your right on the kernel mem ifno, but I thought Linux didn't need
this. Oddly enough it just started happening. I wonder if its something to
do with this chip set.
Hmmmm, will try the line and see what the results are. I was planning  to
take the box down and have them look over the bios settings. My wife isn't
good with this stuff and I can't remember where all the various items are
in the ami bios. Haven't had one in years and they've changed quite a bit.
The dell has an award.

tnx