alsa annoyance

Victor Tsaran vtsaran at nimbus.ocis.temple.edu
Tue Apr 4 02:03:31 EDT 2000

In general, ALSA installation doesn't seem to be very friendly. I thought to
install ALSA drivers in order to use Speak_freely, but eventually it turned
out to be easier to recompile speak_freely with Dneeded_linear option to get
it to talk to /dev/dsp. I still have some problems with this though.

Regards,
Vic