spelling words with military letter pronunciation

Rudy Vener salt at panix.com
Tue Jan 5 12:35:02 EST 2021

I recall a Vocal Eyes feature I used very often. When I hit the speak word key once, it would
speak the word, hit it twice it would spell the word, hit it thrice
it would spell the word with military alphabet pronunciation (alpha, bravo, charlie, etc).

Speakup only allows me military letter pronunciation when I hit the
speak letter key twice, and only speaks the letter where the cursor
rests. This makes it a kluge to hear the entire word spelled in military pronunciation.

A feature to tap the speak word key thrice to get military spelling
would be a great boon to those of us who are deaf as well as blind.

Thanks.

--
Rudy Vener
Website: http://www.rudyvener.com