DecTalk Improvements-and-Issues in 5.9?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun Oct 18 19:03:01 EDT 2020

Well, after reconfiguring hard-drives, I am now up on a 5.9.1   Looks like
the volume, pitch, and rate drops may be gone, however, this version has
an inflection instead of volume settings. I have the patch which was sent
out a couple of weeks ago, but I have `never run a patch. I just renamed
it to speakup-patch  and ran with a patch command, but it just sits there.
My largest problem is hardware related. If I do any typing or examining
with numpad or any other kees, I get a 4second delay from the DecTalk.
Seems like when we fixed this, it was an accident. Any1 have any
suggestions please-and-thanks so much in advance
Chime