speakup paste problem on debian

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Sun Nov 8 01:49:00 EST 2020

This was an old problem, long fixed, so l ong ago that I forget the
resolution.  But speakup-r reads a document, as long as it has a
cursor, by sending down arrows and keeping track of what speech was
actually sent by means of the synthesizers index marks.  Then when you
stop the reading, the cursor is where you stopped.

On Sat, 07 Nov 2020 20:54:46 -0500,
Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm digging back an old mail.
>
> covici at ccs.covici.com, le jeu. 23 janv. 2014 07:21:43 -0500, a ecrit:
> > I sure wish someone would fix index mark reading on kernels  above about
> > 3.6 -- whenever I try and use a serial synth  after patching, it works,
> > but speakup-r does not work at all -- I wonder what they did to break
> > it?
>
> I don't know exactly what index mark reading is, I don't find any
> documentation for speakup-r in spkguide.txt, could you describe more
> what it is supposed to do?
>
> Samuel

How do
you spend it?