Any laptop with a pc speaker?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu May 14 09:12:07 EDT 2020

When those don't beep, a work-around if the /usr/share/sounds directory
tree is installed would be to pick a sound file to play and put the
command into /etc/rc.d/rc.local.d subdirectory if an rc.local package is
installed or available for the system.  That way even if grub won't beep
you can still know when it's time to login.