doubletalk PC and newer kernels retraction

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Mon Feb 24 22:27:30 EST 2020

Hi all.

I stated a while ago on this list that the doubletalk PC ISA card
doesn't work with newer kernels. I came to that conclusion initially
believing the problem was with the speakup code itself, when it in
fact seems to have been caused by failing hardware. The doubletalk PC
ISA card does seem to be working for me on a kernel as recent as
5.4.21. More details on how I discovered I was wrong are here:

<https://www.github.com/bytefire/speakup/issues/5>

My apologies for unintentionally causing confusion and misinformation.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1