driving a serial synthesizer through speech-dispatcher

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Feb 7 02:53:46 EST 2020

Gregory Nowak, le jeu. 06 févr. 2020 21:29:43 -0700, a ecrit:
> Right, this would require a speech-dispatcher module file. The thing
> I'm not sure about is how to do the serial port I/O from
> speech-dispatcher. The speech-dispatcher modules are .conf files,

Not exactly. speech-dispatcher modules are .c programs, which can use a
.conf file to be configured.

It happens that there is the generic module which can be made to run
whatever command you want by configuring it in a .conf file.

But you can really do whatever you want in an entirely new .c speechd
module.

Samuel