Dual Boot Questions / VirtualBox

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Wed Dec 23 17:43:39 EST 2020

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 07:40:07AM -0500, Reece O'Bryan wrote:
> Can you describe more about your set up that you are explaining. Pretty positive you are talking about it being a MacBook for the host operating system. Are you then talking about running virtual machines or dual booting?

I'm deliberately starting my comment here, because it is at the end of
a line. Your e-mail client/editor is still not line wrapping
unfortunately. I never said I'm using a macbook. I've never used one,
and don't plan to get one. I'm both dual booting, and using
virtualbox. My laptop dual boots GNU/Linux and windows 10, and my
desktop runs GNU/linux as host, and a windows 10 guest among others.

> Why would you run both NVDA and Orca at the same time?

I don't, and it isn't possible anyway. I run orca under GNU/Linux, and
NVDA under windows. What's obvious to one person may not be obvious to
someone else, apologies for the confusion.

> So for server purposes, a lightweight and yet accessible box on command line only needs speakup, espeak-ng,
> and espeakup?

For server purposes, speech isn't required. My VPS for example only
has ssh and serial access. Perhaps you should explain what it is you
want (server or work station), and what you want to do with it if work
station, and we can offer suggestions on possible options.

> I tried fixing the syntax to be more readable. Is this what you are referring to? Please let me know if it is not so that I can adjust.

What you're saying has always been readable to me. If you can't get
your e-mail client/editor to line wrap, try hitting your enter key
every sentence or two. Don't worry about it otherwise, it's just an
inconvenience when replying inline, not a show stopper.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1