Hosting speakup on freedesktop?

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Mon Dec 21 18:53:48 EST 2020

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 11:23:27PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Michał Zegan, le lun. 21 déc. 2020 23:12:11 +0100, a ecrit:
> > Just one note: it may not be important enough, but whatever the problem
> > may or may not be with github, it is far more accessible as a site than
> > gitlab.
>
> Ah, that's an important point. Do people agree on this?

Yes. I had a gitlab account with the devuan project not too long ago
when they were still using gitlab. I found gitlab more dificult to
work with than github. Also, I already have a github account which I
can use for lots of projects, and I don't relish the idea of creating
one more account that I would probably only use for one project, since
I'm not a fan of the other freedesktop.org projects like pulseaudio
and systemd. While I'm not a fan of Microsoft either, I think it
unlikely they would close down github on short notice. Just my $0.01 worth.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1