Speakup Pausing for Punctuation?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun Apr 26 00:30:52 EDT 2020

HI All: Well, all-of-a-sudden on Saturday afternoon I was noticing odd pauses
while reading mail, which I first thought were cpu or bandwidth related. After
examining text, it looks like Speakup is pausing where a punctuation is. I
normally keep both punc settings on 0 but if I move reading punc to 3  it reads
a dot when it finds a period. So these pauses are a kind of quiet while it would
be saying a punctuation item. Is this some  sort of option in Speakup, where I
can switch among words or sentences? I don't think this is DecTalk driven.
Thanks so much in advance for any suggestions.
Chime