Installing eSpeakup

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Apr 8 22:24:07 EDT 2020

orca uses speech-dispatcher and speech-dispatcher can be configured to use
alsa. Use the spd-conf command to do that. I don't know did that version
of ubuntu change from systemv to systemd?  To find out try which systemctl
if nothing returns it's systemv you're using.  If a file path is returned
before rebooting as root type systemctl enable espeakup.  That way speech
eventually will come up if your netbook can do it.