help fixing speakup hang problem w smp kernels

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Tue Sep 17 18:33:02 EDT 2019

Okash Khawaja <okash.khawaja at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Kelly,
>
> Thanks very much for pointing this out :) If you could capture kernel
> dump of this hang that will be a great starting point of the
> investigation.

Quite plausibly the hangs reported by Kelly are the same as those
experienced by the person who reported in on IRC.  Deedra posted a link
to the dump from one of those yesterday.  Others in the Arch community
are noticing the same issue.  As far as I know, everyone who has
reported about recent hangs is using a 5.2 kernel.

For those on Arch, switching to the linux-lts package (4.19 kernel) will
fix it for now.

-- Chris