[HELP REQUESTED from the community] Was: Staging status of speakup

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 17:08:35 EDT 2019

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 3:55 AM Gregory Nowak <greg at gregn.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 08, 2019 at 10:43:02AM +0100, Okash Khawaja wrote:
> > Sorry, I have only now got round to working on this. It's not complete
> > yet but I have assimilated the feedback and converted subjective
> > phrases, like "I think..." into objective statements or put them in
> > TODO: so that someone else may verify. I have attached it to this
> > email.
>
> I think bleeps needs a TODO, since we don't know what values it accepts, or
> what difference those values make. Also, to keep things uniform, we
> should replace my "don't know" for trigger_time with a TODO. Looks
> good to me otherwise. Thanks.

Great thanks. I have updated.

I have two questions:

1. Is it okay for these descriptions to go inside
Documentation/ABI/stable? They have been around since 2.6 (2010). Or
would we prefer Documentation/ABI/testing/?
2. We are still missing descriptions for i18n/ directory. I have added
filenames below. can someone can add description please:

What:           /sys/accessibility/speakup/i18n/announcements
KernelVersion:  2.6
Contact:        speakup at linux-speakup.org
                TODO

What:           /sys/accessibility/speakup/i18n/chartab
KernelVersion:  2.6
Contact:        speakup at linux-speakup.org
                TODO

What:           /sys/accessibility/speakup/i18n/ctl_keys
KernelVersion:  2.6
Contact:        speakup at linux-speakup.org
                TODO

What:           /sys/accessibility/speakup/i18n/function_names
KernelVersion:  2.6
Contact:        speakup at linux-speakup.org
                TODO

What:           /sys/accessibility/speakup/i18n/states
KernelVersion:  2.6
Contact:        speakup at linux-speakup.org
                TODO
What:           /sys/accessibility/speakup/i18n/characters
KernelVersion:  2.6
Contact:        speakup at linux-speakup.org
                TODO
What:           /sys/accessibility/speakup/i18n/colors
KernelVersion:  2.6
Contact:        speakup at linux-speakup.org
                TODO
What:           /sys/accessibility/speakup/i18n/formatted
KernelVersion:  2.6
Contact:        speakup at linux-speakup.org
                TODO
What:           /sys/accessibility/speakup/i18n/key_names
KernelVersion:  2.6
Contact:        speakup at linux-speakup.org
                TODO

Thanks,