Okash's talk

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 05:54:01 EDT 2019

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:41 PM Kirk Reiser <kirk at reisers.ca> wrote:

> Hi Okash er al: I want to thank you for that very interesting talk. I
> stupidly deleted your original message and link before listening to
> the talk so I couldn't reply to that message because it hasn't shown
> up in the archives yet.
>
> Could you please give us some info on how the talk was received? How
> many folks attended? Were there any blinks/users in attendence?
>
> I believe you gave a very good overview of speakup. I certainly enjoyed
> the talk and am glad to have heard your voice. That's one of those
> blink things you know! 'grin'
>
> Once again thank you very much.
>    Kirk

Thanks Kirk. Means a lot. I believe the talk was received well. People
seemed to be listening rather than typing on their laptops or playing
with their mobiles.

I didn't ask how many speakup users were in the audience. In general I
should have made it more interactive. I think that was a mistake. This
talk was late on Friday afternoon - the last day of summit. Attendance
in all talks at that time was relatively low because people preferred
to take a look around the town before their journeys back later in the
evening.

In general I hope we can share this talk with anyone interested in
contributing to speakup. It can help them in ramp up.

Greg N, as Samuel said, time had run out so there wasn't much time for
more questions. There was a technical glitch with presentation
equipment which took a few minutes. Also, I could have managed time
better :)