any gentoo users here

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Fri May 24 22:25:12 EDT 2019

Yes, I am a gentoo user and speakup is in the kernel, not sure about
espeak and the sound drivers will depend on your card, but you will
have to compile your kernel along the way, so you can put the sound
drivers you want in there.  You can look at the cd before you boot
into it to figure  out what is in it.