Can I Run a Speakup KeyMap in Chrome OS?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Thu May 2 13:13:30 EDT 2019

Well, I got a Chrome Book, installed a Linux beta which is better than Crowsh.
While I `love an Android type speech, so-far I cannot get used to the
navigation, especially there seems no easy way of a flat review mode. Also,
while an external keyboard certainly has a num-pad, the actual unit does not. So
considering an interaction among Chrome-and-Linux, can I somehow use a Speakup
keyboard configuration in a Chrome Book? Thanks so much in advance
Chime