Linux 9 stretch What to do about reviving speakup?

Kirk Reiser kirk at reisers.ca
Fri Mar 29 11:34:54 EDT 2019

In the current espeakup installation on debian sid at least, The
currently running espeakup is killed off long before the newly
installed espeakup is started leaving the person upgrading totally in
the dark so to speak while the upgrade is happening. One wouldn't
think people concerned with accessibility would let something like
this get passed them.

If one does catch on and restarts espeakup so accessiblity continues
then finds themself in the position of the espeakup install script
failing because there's already an espeakup running so they need to
kill off espeakup before running apt -f install. to complete the
proper installation.

Just an observation I've hit twice while upgrading my distro.

   Kirk