Espeakup and Speech-Dispatcher-git--Fighting again?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Mon Mar 25 20:56:23 EDT 2019

On 26/03/2019 00:25, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 01:29:28AM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
>> I've never seen speechd_up packaged, not when I was running Fedora nor
>> now that I'm running Arch. It seems quite the orphan as
>> speech-dispatcher packaging isn't building it.
>>
>> Is speechd_up still being maintained? Am I just not seeing the package?
>
> As far as I know, speechd-up hasn't been maintained in many
> years. It's still available in debian/devuan though.
>
> Greg

In Slint we package speechd-up from this repo:
https://github.com/williamh/speechd-up
The last commit from  William Hubbs is 8 years old,
however it works with no issue.

@Janina: if it is an orphan, this orphan is alive and  well <smile>

Also is no more reason to make a single package with both
speech-dispatcher and speechd-el thann to make a single pacakage
with both spacch-dispatcher ans Orca.

Oh and you made me just realize that there are two forked repo
on GitHub, with a few more recent commits
https://github.com/jticket1024/speechd-up
https://github.com/chrys87/speechd-up

I don't know what they bring in addition.

Best,

Didier