Espeakup and Speech-Dispatcher-git--Fighting again?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Mar 23 15:20:23 EDT 2019

Hi, Didier:

Once again you're providing some very helpful guidance. Thank you so
very much for that.

Yes, I'm using arch, but I'm the other way around from what you're
saying. I'm using speech-dispatcher-git, but only the espeakup release
at the moment. The reason is that the current speech-dispatcher relase
isn't correctly accepting an alsa card designation, i.e. it won't honor
these two directives in speechd.conf:

 AudioOutputMethod "libao"
 AudioALSADevice "plughw:1"

I am now going to put your espeakup script in place on my machine and
try a reboot. I will report.

Thank you for this script. I wasn't aware all these directives could be
included. This should solve my problem, I hope! <grin>

Janina

--

Janina Sajka

Linux Foundation Fellow