speakup and garbled text

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Tue Mar 19 03:31:23 EDT 2019

Hi,
It happens with espeakup, but not with speechd_up through
speech-dispatcher..
The espeak module of speech-dispatcher however has I think a memory leak,
so sometimes crashes.
I therefore think that the problem is not speakup, but rather espeakup,
unless it also happens with hardware synths.
FWIW, Willem