TODO file

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Mar 15 20:20:15 EDT 2019

Gregory Nowak, le ven. 15 mars 2019 16:54:24 -0700, a ecrit:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 12:39:55PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Okash Khawaja, le ven. 15 mars 2019 10:57:35 +0000, a ecrit:
> > > 1. What are our options for internal synths which still use direct
> > > communication with hardware: acntpc, decpc, dtlk and keypc?
> >
> > I was thinking they could just remain in staging. The corresponding
> > hardware is very difficult to make work nowadays (typically ISA cards),
> > so I don't think it is a problem that they are not in mainline.
>
> I'd just like to chime in here, and say that at least myself, and one
> more person on this list are still using a DoubleTalk PC card (dtlk
> driver). While I understand the two of us are in the minority, it
> would be appreciated if these cards could be made to work once again
> with newer kernels.

The support is not to be removed. It's just that the way we are
accessing the cards is really nasty, I don't think we can get this into
mainline.

I'm however wondering: is that an ISA card you still manage to run? Or
are there PCI versions? (but then I wonder how they get to expose ISA
ports).

Samuel