TODO file

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 16:26:52 EDT 2019

Hi,

I am going through drivers/staging/speakup/TODO file with the aim of
creating tasks on the github page[1]. I need some help in understanding
what the tasks in TODO file mean, so I will be posting my questions to
this thread.

For now, I wanted to ask how much of this part is still to be done:

"The first issue has to do with the way speakup communicates with serial
ports.  Currently, we communicate directly with the hardware ports.
This however conflicts with the standard serial port drivers, which
poses various problems. This is also not working for modern hardware
such as PCI-based serial ports.  Also, there is not a way we can
communicate with USB devices.  The current serial port handling code is
in serialio.c in this directory."

Thanks,
Okash

[1] https://github.com/bytefire/speakup/issues