no sound except speakup

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sat Jun 8 17:18:12 EDT 2019

Hello Glenn,

I can hardly answer, having never used this tool. But I don't think it
supports Slint, rather more known distributions.

Anyway, if you have another Linux distribution, by far the easiest way
would be to use it for that. You can just use a command like:
cp slint64-14.2.1.2.iso /dev/sdc
assuming that you USB key is known as /dev/sdc, which you can and should
check with a command like:
lsblk -l -o name,size,type|grep disk
after having plugged in the key.
The size should give you a clue on its name.

Copying takes a while, so please wait patiently after having issuing
the cp command that you get back the shell prompt.

Best,

Didier