Voxin questions

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Sun Jan 27 14:28:45 EST 2019

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. I purchased and installed it, and now I have
some more questions.

It starts up very slow, and I want it a lot faster, but Speakup's rate
change commands don't seem to be working. Furthermore, after issuing two
such commands, it stops talking, and I haven't figured out a way to get
it back short of rebooting. Is there a way to specify speech parameters
(voice, pitch, rate) which will be used by default? If it stops talking,
is there a way to get it going again without rebooting?

During installation, it asked if I wanted to use it with Speech
Dispatcher in Orca. I said yes, even though I don't have any desktop
environment installed (although I might play with one at some point)! Is
that okay?

Thanks,

Jayson