Speakup not working in Ubuntu 18.04

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Tue Apr 30 01:21:05 EDT 2019

Hi Kelly,
After an upgrade, I had to specifically install the modules and
modules-extra packages, but before doing that, the thing did not even see
my sound card.
However, before doing that, the speakup modules were not found when doing
modprobe.
I am currently running ubuntu 18.04 with speakup.
4.18.0-18-generic #19~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP
HTH, Willem