sam Sunday update2

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckhallenbeck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 16:37:37 EDT 2019

Willem,

Today's update works without error so far, although I haven't tried
every control. It is a significant advance to have  the indexed controls
available in fuller detail. I find that the immediacy of the requested
changes invites experimenting, which has always a bit of a pain using
amixer directly.

Imagine my surprise when I muted Master and my computer stopped talking.
But I was still on the mute option, so pressing enter again immediately
brought back the speech.

The f1 command works where I tested it, but the overall impression is
still on the wordy side. I wonder if some of the material that now
repeats with every activation could be reassigned to belong to the f1
output instead. Just a thought.

Chuck

--
Here In Northeast Ohio, The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.