Saturday sam update2

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Apr 13 19:15:19 EDT 2019

Fortunately when I installed slint, I did so on two separate disks.
Doing anything with /etc/asound.conf killed the sound system on the first.
The aplay -l command showed the desired card as 2.  So I had the default
/etc/asound.conf file and added the two suggested lines in replacing <card
number> with 2 on the ctl and pcm lines.  Rebooting the system got the
usual speaker sounds and no speech.  So, before I wipe the other disk
clean, I'm going to try adding those lines and use 1 for the card number
figuring aplay -l isn't exactly accurate.  It's possible pulseaudio is