Speech-friendly alsa mixer (sam) released, another update

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu Apr 11 16:41:46 EDT 2019

Howdy Chime,

I assume that in the distribution you use all speakup drivers are shipped as module, right?

Then do you still you need to include a kernel parameter for your DecTalk  (or does udev take care of loading the module as the device is connected through USB?) and then which one?

I ask as in Slint do far we use a kernel with all speakup drivers built in, but I plan to switch to modules instead and need to provide instructions to hard synths users accordingly.

Currently they would include e.g. speakup.synth=dectalk

Best,

Didier