Thanks to Samuel and Okash, Kirk and all the others over the years

Martin McCormick martin.m at suddenlink.net
Thu Apr 4 12:01:07 EDT 2019

I have been meaning to also say how thankful I am to everybody
who makes speakup possible.  I believe I started using it on New
Year's Day of 2009 to replace a DOS installation which used
kermit's terminal emulator in to a unix box and fed the serial
terminal output to a screen reader I wrote in 8086 assembler
which fed an Echo GP.  Some of you probably had those and they
worked well but I wanted to get away from DOS and directly use a
Unix-like system to do the talking as well as get away from
hardware that wasn't getting any younger.

	Thanks again for making the wood pile a lot higher than
it used to be.

	I am loosely quoting some unknown author who is quoted as
saying, "One should always try to leave the wood pile a little
higher than they found it.

For years, before I retired in 2015, I had that on my unix work
station as the .plan file in my home directory.

	My coworkers are still probably complaining about all the
saw dust.

Martin