about old speakup connector

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Wed Apr 3 15:51:53 EDT 2019

You need to be more specific. The only connectors I'm aware of are
espeakup, and the connector that allowed speakup to be used with
viavoice, or whatever they call it these days. If you're talking about
the viavoice connector, then that wouldn't help you, since viavoice
was binary only, was linked against what are now 10+ year-old
libraries, and wouldn't run on the raspberry pi.

Greg

On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 07:00:30AM -0400, tony seth wrote:
> Hey all: I don't know if it's still available, but I'm wondering if the old
> speakup connector is still around and if it works for software speech.
> I'm not able to use espeak so I wonder if using the old speakup connector
> would work. I'm assuming I'd have to compile from source since I'm using
> F123 Light on the Raspberry Pi. Thanks much for any help on this.
> Take care...
> Cheereo.

web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1