Apollo II and kernel 4.18.x

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Oct 7 14:54:34 EDT 2018

Didier Spaier, le dim. 07 oct. 2018 20:50:01 +0200, a ecrit:
> On 10/7/18 8:33 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Could some people handle updating the speakup documentation to properly
> > document how to use the dev parameter? (doing insmod by hand is fine for
> > testing, but people should rather use a conf file in /etc/modprobe.d/)
>
> Some people?

Yes, i.e. not me.

I could do this, but that'd mean less time for me doing other things,
that way fewer people can do than this documentation bit.

Samuel

> Let me quote Ann Landers in:
> Ann Landers Column, Chicago Tribune, January 10, 1997:
> > *Whose Job Is It?*
> > This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.
> > There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it.
> > Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.
> > Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.
> > Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.
> > It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
>
> Didier

Samuel
/*
 * [...] Note that 120 sec is defined in the protocol as the maximum
 * possible RTT.  I guess we'll have to use something other than TCP
 * to talk to the University of Mars.
 * PAWS allows us longer timeouts and large windows, so once implemented
 * ftp to mars will work nicely.
 */
(from /usr/src/linux/net/inet/tcp.c, concerning RTT [retransmission timeout])