formatting usb flash drive for jessie

Frank Carmickle frank at carmickle.com
Tue Nov 27 10:45:15 EST 2018

Hi Tom,

If you’re only going to use it with Linux machines I would choose jffs2, btrfs or ext4. Ext3 isn’t a good choice as it doesn’t know about solid state disks. Ext4 and jffs2 might be a bit faster than btrfs, emphasis on might,  but btrfs has so many more features that I use it for everything now. Snapshots, multiple disk support, transparent compression and deduplication  to name the big ones.

HTH
—FC