Voxin-and-Speakup?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Fri Mar 9 13:48:19 EST 2018

Well, on my laptop, I am running an accessible version of Debian called Devuan.
Unlike Vinux, so-far I cannot get Voxin with its better I B M speech to run.
Says "not supported in this distro" Gregory Novak suggested I write to this
list. A suggestion was made for me to change /etc/debian from 8 to 7 to fool
Voxin. This made no difference. I  also tried installing Cicero, but had errors.
Essentially ahead of this coming Monday, I am hoping to get better speech than
`horrible e speak. Can any1 please suggest anything, without re-installing from
an image? Thanks so much in advance, o its 64bit
Chime