command line email clients and gmail.com

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckhallenbeck at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:54:36 EDT 2018

I presently use msmtp to send my mutt mail, while alpine can redefine
"sendmail" to point directly to smtp.gmail.com:587,  and edbrowse also
interacts directly with its "smarthost". So what I'm thinking is, I
could install postfix and let mutt and alpine hand their outbound mail
to postfix, and from there to gmail.  Maybe gmail won't complain about
postfix like it does with my current setup. If I understood Kirk's
reply, that's how he sends his mail., though I'm not sure he uses
gmail.com.

Chuck

--
Here too, In Northeast Ohio, The Moon is Waning Crescent (2% of Full)
When elephants fight, the grass gets crushed.