questions about serial_io

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Jun 2 13:01:32 EDT 2018

Well Sam, certainly in these 13years I've had a DecTalk U S B, I've mentioned
the sudden drops in pitch, rate, and volume. Among many boots-and-restarts, I
now notice when DecTalk comes up, it says:
"euro euro euro"
After that the volume, pitch, and rate drop. Pitch lands around 121, rate around
180, but I prefer 229, and volume caims its at the top 86, although I jog each
controll so it restores. I wish there were ways of producing a log of what
Speakup is sending the DecTalk upon bootup. Thanks in advance
Chime