espeak-ng and espeakup-git issues

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jul 6 01:31:58 EDT 2018

Progress by way of an update to my woes ...

I resolved most issues by clearing out ~/.pulse and /etc/pulse and
reinstalling pulse audio.

Bottom line: espeakup-git with espeak-ng is now working quite well. No
more issues with broken Speakup control. It's all behaving even though
pa isn't fully functional, e.g. paplay not working.

I still get nothing from systemctl start espeakup at user.service. But
systemctl start espeakup does the trick.

Janina