Speakup Digest, Vol 173, Issue 9

Zachary Kline zkline at speedpost.net
Sun Feb 18 23:57:44 EST 2018

Rudy,

Are you connecting your Dectalk Express to a physical serial port from the motherboard, or are you trying to use some kind of USB to serial adaptor or other gadget? If the latter, you will most definitely need a kernel upgrade. Are you able to send txt to the synthesizer by echoing it to /dev/ttyS0?

Best,
Zack.