cannot load speakup_decext module

Zachary Kline zkline at speedpost.net
Sun Feb 18 02:51:40 EST 2018

Rudy,

As I said, you need the speakup_dectlk module. The Dectalk Express is an exclusively serial device. The internal board you’re thinking of was called the Dectalk PC, and uses an entirely unrelated Speakup driver.
You might also want to look into upgrading your kernel, as there was apparently some problem with serial polling which was resolved in the later builds.

Best,
Zack.