Is this a Speakup problem?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Aug 8 18:42:25 EDT 2018

I can't answer your original question, but when you find yourself in all
caps, what happens when you hold the control key down then just tap
shift once then let both keys up?  I figured out how to turn capslock
off earlier when this happened to me and did it this way accidentally
until I figured out what I had just done.  Hope this helps you.