serial synths

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Sep 16 16:34:31 EDT 2017

Samuel Thibault writes:
> Zachary Kline, on sam. 16 sept. 2017 09:02:04 -0700, wrote:
> > I think there’s some confusion here. The USB synths we’re talking about aren’t actually running in USB mode. We’re talking about support for USB-to-serial converters, which is a whole other thing.
> >
> > As far as I know, no one is working on making USB synthesizers work in USB mode, because the documentation to do so isn’t readily available.
>
> Well, if the USB synthesizer is exposing itself as a standard USB serial
> port, it will just work. If it doesn't, then documentation is needed
> from the manufacturer indeed. Please request it from your manufacturer,
> as a customer, and forward it here, so we can add the support.

Well, the only two USB hardware synths, both the Triple Talk and the USB
DEC Talk, plus a couple additional synths, are from the same supplier:

http://axsol.com

I'm still trying to understand how to pose the question to them. And, it
seems we have questions about the TripleTalk, which hasn't worked for me
at all, but also the Dec Talk, which has worked for Zachary, but not as
smoothly as desired.

Anyone know anyone at Axsol? I don't, so would be cold calling on top of
not expressing myself as intelligently as might be desirable.

Janina