Getting USB serial to work closer to boot

Zachary Kline zkline at speedpost.net
Sat Sep 16 13:20:44 EDT 2017

Samuel,

I’ve actually noticed that if the module loads too early, the probe seems to fail. I presume this is because /dev/ttyUSB0 isn’t actually created yet. If I manually mod probe speakup_dectlk after system boot, it works as I’d expect.

This is a bit frustrating, but I don’t know how much can be done about it. Modifying the ignitrd didn’t seem to work as I expected.
Best,
Zack.