MPLAYER KILLS SPEECH

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Oct 26 11:45:05 EDT 2017

try killing speakup just as you run mplayer then start speakup again the
way you killed it.  When I use mplayer which isn't often, I have a
configuration file that disables video and that helps over here.  Please
consider upgrading Debian, you're two versions behind and one of the
things those version updates do is fix security problems.