[OT] Devuan Jessie 1.0.0 is out

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Sun May 28 20:12:59 EDT 2017

Yes, everything is pretty much as Pawel described. You can type s
<enter> just like you would with debian, and the devuan installer is
accessible.

As far as no speech in the GUI at the login screen, this is because
devuan uses the slim login manager, which isn't accessible. This issue
has been documented at:
<https://git.devuan.org/devuan-infrastructure/Installer_Feedback/issues/3>

I haven't gotten around to migrating this issue to the devuan BTS
yet. The work arounds I mentioned however do still work in the
official devuan jessie release, and provide speech at the lightdm
login screen.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net